Wow, it has been a crazy few weeks. I'm very excited about the new studio (pix coming soon). I'm also excited to be back on track with my clients. I'm sure they are as well!
This includes Miss W, of course. So far this week I have been able to get a lot done on her dress- it is actually starting to resemble the sketch! I had cut out all the fabric pieces before my move, so they've really just been sitting patiently, waiting for me to attend to them. Sadly, I neglected to take photos of said pieces before stitching them together, so you'll just have to use your imagination.
Yesterday I started working on the ruching in the bodice. I do this by hand so I can arrange every pleat to my liking. Then I pin the bejesus out of it and hand stitch it all in place.
Once that's done, I press the ruching lightly, so that it stays nice and smooth, conforming to the shape of the bodice. After Miss W tries the gown on again, I'll probably stitch it in a few more spots and give it another pressing, just to make sure everything stays where it's supposed to.
I think this is going to look pretty cool once it's done; it even looks good with pins in it!