Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shine down on me satin queen

I am always excited at the beginning of a project (as opposed to the end, when I've been looking at it for months and just want to get it out of my studio!)

Fortunately, I am ready to start working on Miss W's wedding gown! Fabric has been selected and ordered. We went with a beautiful creamy duchess satin as the main dress fabric. It's 100% silk, which I always recommend for bridal gowns, and has a wonderful hand and luster. The shrug will be a delicate silk organza, crisp enough to hold its shape but soft and sheer enough to move and breathe. Finally, the lace is a unique silver floral motif, heavier than typical bridal laces. I think the contrast will be gorgeous.

In the meantime, I'll be drafting the patterns so they're ready to go when the fabrics arrive. Check back soon for more!

1 comment:

Liene Stevens said...

love the diary of a dress feature! so interesting reading about everything that goes into it behind the scenes.